Sunday 3 April 2011

Evening

What is it in this evening that makes me restless?
What is it in this evening that I don't want to lie and rest?
My mind travels here and there, to the past and to my childhood years!
I am not happy but I don't want to cry
I am not sad but I don't want to smile
I am filled in void and void is filled in me
My mind races to those playful years
The garden of my childhood years
Laughing and playing with friends around
Catching butterflies and plucking the flowers
I can see our childhood feet, running and hiding in the bushes near.
Today these friends are scattered near and far, like those petals we threw in the air
One word from them brings back a smile but those years are gone for ever and ever!
I remember myself a little child and my mum tying my ponytail with ribbon white
The hurried look on my face and the love in my mother's eyes
And dad would bring home a cookie new or a fancy lolly to see us happy
These were days of my growing years
And even today mom and dad finds new pleasure on little things
But those days are ever gone
I know not why my mind wanders to those years and there is some void which fills the air

No comments:

Post a Comment