Tuesday 24 May 2011

My Rickshaw Rides

I use to work at BIIT as a computer faculty in 2002. It had become a habit to take a Rick rather than a bus. I use to carry loads of books and there was no direct bus, so my preferred mode of transport was the Rickshaw!

Anyway, Rick drivers became known to me or rather I became known to them. I knew few of them and usually took their services only!

For  some time though, I se to be returning home on the same Rick. I did not find him on Saturdays though becuase of the weekly market rush.

One particular day it happened that I did not find him for two successive days. On the third day, as I came down the road, I saw a Rickshaw driver waving at me and nodding his head so as to say I am here. For a second I thought he was not the same person who use to bring me home but somone else. But the next moment I thought it was he only! Anyway, I sat on the Rickshaw while I was still confused and hoping that he was the same person. I thought he might not be well and that's why he was looking different. To add to my belief, he did not ask me where I wanted to go but took the route that I followed daily. All the while I was thinking to myself and noticing his gesture, appearance etc.

He stopped just where I got down every day. When I paid him hi fare, he said "Brother has gone to the village two days back".

2 comments:

  1. oh damn....this could well be a horror story in the making :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha...it's not made up..very very true incident :)

    ReplyDelete