Thursday 26 May 2011

Window

What is it in a window I don't know that makes me stare out endlessly. I can stand looking out without being aware of the time running past me. My thoughts wander endlessly into so many spacious voids. My mind travels too fast and sometimes I am taken to my childhood years, to the place where I grew up and where I use to sit by the window and watch the raindrops trickling down the glass panes. I too start feeling the water running down my head touching my eyes and flowing through my heart and all I want is to dance in the rain.

When I am upset, I stand my the window and control my anger and my tears. I look out at an endless point just to avoid the tear running down my face. I do not like to be disturbed then because whatever your intentions might be, the paused tear drop will just come out and it will literally start raining tears. I look out of the window to avoid looking at someone who might have caused me the anger or the person trying to console me.

Sometimes, I stop by the window inside a tall building and gaze into the other buildings, wondering what all must be happening inside those buildings. I think everyone inside those buildings would have a unique story of their own and one of them must also be staring out of his window. May be he would be seeing my shadow by the opposite window and wonder at the vastness of the universe where we all belong. I then wish I was among the clouds.



Sometimes standing by the window, I can pause my thoughts too. Pause and look at a leaf flying here and there, see the dust that the leaf has gathered and wondering that if it rained, how relieved the leaf would be. I imagine a shining leaf with droplets clear, dancing and singing it's heart out. I too wish that I could fly in the air.

I love looking at the sun setting down from the car/bus window while I am traveling. I love the bright orange colour and love to watch how it goes away, away and away within minutes. I think of another wanderer like me who must be looking at the same sun at the same time. How many of us must be looking at the setting sun at the same time. The sun knows it is being watched but it will still follow its course and we the distant traveler will have to wait for the next day to think of the same thoughts again. I wish I would know know where it went to and rose with it the next morning.


At night I love it specially when I hear the raindrops against my window pane. I love that trickling down of the rain drops down my window pane to lull me to sleep. On clear nights, I love the moon bright by my window and think that another traveler like me will also be watching the same moon tonight. I like to be with the moon and play with the stars that night.

I love to see the sea by the window, watch the sparkling rays of the sun falling and dancing in the water. The million glitters and the million sparkles just makes me smile. To watch the clear sky and the blue waters from your window is a pleasure to the eye. And yes, my thoughts don't remain my own anymore and I am lost amongst the tiniest of sparkles and be one of them to dance and play when the day is bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment