Saturday 17 September 2011

The flowers in our Shillong home

Most of these flowers have been clicked by my brother and planted by my father. I might have randomly clicked a couple but these always manage to remind me of our home and how hard we all tried to make the flowers bloom and more importantly save these from the morning people who came around to pick flowers for the daily Puja. I once remember running after someone after I had discovered that he/she had come to pick the flowers from our garden. He was just too fast and disappeared even before I started to chase.

Love this bunch? Don't you? Even I do. But somehow time and fate has brought us away from all these. And we can enjoy the greenery and the freshness just once a year during our annual visits. And here in Delhi, with so little space around us, we long for these colours.

Much as love these Dahlias, I used to be scared about the caterpillars :-) I remember how we traded tubers, so we could have that variety in our garden.


I don't know what we call these but I sure love its colours.
This one is a rare hibiscus colour. And I simply love the softness that surrounds it.

And this is a delight, ain't it?

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty deeps....since when r u interested in gardening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am but not as much as my papa...he does all these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bear with me! need to get the alignment n all fixed! just tooooo lazy!

    ReplyDelete