Sunday 18 December 2011

Speechless

Life is just so unpredictable. I woke up this morning with a resolve to give the best to the world. I made an early start to work as well, reading an inspirational message to have a clear vision on the way to any destination. So was I  all enthusiasm, listening to some music, working, was on track and just knew what I needed to do today. But this was not to last as one of my colleagues let me know the piece of news which disturbed for the whole day. Omji Shukla, a team mate left us for some other abode on Sunday night and we had not known it till Wednesday afternoon almost! He has left behind all the hustle bustle, the mad race, the deadlines, the pressure, the joy, the laughter and all of us. Much it pains my heart to think what his family must be going through at this moment to have lost their young son who I hear was supposed to get married in Feb next year. He use to sit just across my desk and I don’t know how many times I have crossed his desk while getting myself a cup of tea. It is empty now and I still I can’t believe that a man who was there till last Saturday is gone forever! The team was shaken and though we are keeping the show running, there is a strange feeling inside that cannot be expressed in words!  I may or may not remember him forever but I can only imagine the void it has left on the life of family and friends. The person who has his desk next to him  must be taking days to accept this bitter truth.  Here was a healthy person, young man who had much to see and do, gone! Gone! Cannot do anything but ask the Dear Creator to teach his family to live without him!

1 comment:

  1. Hi There,
    I was alsoa friend of Omji and came to know about his demise just now and was searching to get any news.
    So caould you tell me how he died?

    ReplyDelete