Sunday 18 August 2013

Sunday Musings

I woke up this Sunday morning and relaized that it was raining outside. Nothing pleases me more than to sleep when it rains and more so when it is a Sunday, you know you can afford it.
So, when I finally woke up and standing on the balcony and watching the wet leaves and flowers, I kept wondering how the definition of Sundays has changed over the years. Back in those times when I was at school, Sundays meant a good breakfast, something different from the other days, then bathing and then watching Ramayan or Mahabharata with family which had almost become a ritual. And not just Ramayana, Sundays meant Vikram Vetal, Panchatantra ki kahaniyan and later Nivn etc.

Sundays in Bangalore were totally different; we lived in a rented place and we 6 girls had different routines from waking up early and washing the clothes to mehnding our hair, or applying multani on the face and then probably a movie day out or some shopping here and there. I particularly remember reading the newspaper over breakfast and this has remained with me till now, I don't enjoy breakfast without a look at the newspaper or reading the newspaper without having the breakfast plate and a cup of tea in front of me.
So, the rains today made a perfect excuse for hot puris and aloo sabzi and the sunday supplement to go with!

No comments:

Post a Comment