Sunday 6 October 2013

Shimla


A trip I never wanted to make and if you ask me I have no real answers as the reviews I had heard were not good enough and that the hill station was now no longer a place of beauty but a commercial hub.

The trip was good thankfully to some amazing company and the horse ride at Kufri was a real experience! It was scary at times, exciting and at times just hoping the next turn, up or rise or the next step down would just be safe! That was the best part of the trip.

Mall Road, Shimla was nothing extraordinary and the experience was just all right.

Well, every turn reminded me of my home Shillong, every corner reminded me of a childhood tale. But Shillong is much much more beautiful, beyond words and not just because it's my home but compare Shillong and Shimla and anyone who has been to both the places will tell you!

May be I want to see the snowfall once and then describe how it feels like and I am still waiting for my first snow experience!

I miss you Shillong, dear Shillong!

No comments:

Post a Comment