Sunday 21 August 2016

Rio Moments

2016 Rio Olympics is almost done! And though I have mostly followed India's trail, I do remember a few other moments which I want to cherish for ever!

The most defining moments have been the girls, India's daughters of course! Dipa, going  where no Indian has been before and almost winning a medal. I cried for her, she missed a medal by a whisker. 4 years from now I do want to see a more determined her!


And Sakshi Malik as she ended the medal drought for India and made all of us proud!
Last but not the least PV Sindhu, the fighter. She did everything but at the end of the day it was the better player who won the day but she was no loser. She will go down our history books as the first silver medalist in Badminton.

I don't want to forget the commendable efforts of Datty Bhokanal. Dattu Baban Bhokanal missed out on a semi-final berth by six seconds in the men’s singles sculls at the Rio Olympics, but the experience of being on the biggest stage has helped him identify the plan for ever.



The image of Kirsten Armstrong with her son made me feel that yes if you believe you can do it.


Rafaela Silva winning the gold in Judo, the first for her country must have made it all so special for her. Four years ago, Silva was the victim of sickening racist abuse on social media after she was disqualified from the London Games for a borderline illegal leg-grab

And Simon Biles  girl with all her modesty won my heart! Her smile is so infectious!

And the Singapore boy Joseph Schooling who beat Phelps is one of  my most favorite Olympic moment. "It isn't every day you come face to face with your childhood idol - and defeat him at the Olympics."

And I don't even want to count the total medals Phelps has accumulated!

And Usain Bolt, a very Happy Birthday to you! You will live forever! Triple Triple!



No comments:

Post a Comment