Sunday 14 August 2016

The Wait for that one medal

It's  Day 9 and no sight of  a single medal for the Indian contingent. The hopes, the dreams seem to be shattering each day. Each day I wait and each day there is a disappointing end. How much I had hoped for Sania-Rohan pair to reach the mixed doubles finals but that did not happen. My brother was kidding at me saying, "C'mon they are playing Venus Williams". Well I was still hopeful! And now I can wait only for the bronze, and not sure that will happen or not. Sania Mirza, you disappointed us big time.

Dipa Karmakar plays today and I sure love the determination on her face, her body language is sincere but the competition is tough. Tonight will tell the story but girl you have won our hearts.

Deepika Kumari, that confused soul, you have some bright side to your game but again you are a disappointment again. And to add to that you are arrogant. Bombayla Devi on the other hand has shown lots of promise. True she could not make it but we do wish she gets the opportunity and the means to take it forward from here.

Lalita Babar has shown some courage and we will wait to see how you fare.

I just read somewhere that Babita Kumar is on her road to recovery following a Zika virus scare. We wish her well.

The other disappointments are in the form of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa.These girls, to me, are more glamour and show then determination. They lost matches they could have won.

I have not forgotten to wish P V Sindhu. Wish she shows some fight.

Last but not the least, Saina Nehwal, we hope she hold on to her nerve. I was not convinced with her first win however may be that was just starting problem.

All the Best Dipa, Saina, Sindhu, Babita and Lalita.

No comments:

Post a Comment