Sunday 27 November 2016

The Void

The morning brings tea memories, her tea would be without sugar and her biscuit would be different from the rest of us, now there is no tea to be made without sugar...the void!

Lazing around on weekends, the laptop in front of me, she would ask when I would bathe and why I delayed...

Some weekends there would be chores to do, and I would get into my jeans and she would ask 'where now?'

Some weekends there were friends to meet and she would ask how long it would take, she would ask if I would be back before lunch...

The laptop is still open and there are chores to do, but not saying this anymore, 'Ma, I will just be back!' The Void!

And when the head needed a massage, it would be  a matter of ask...not this way not that way I would say and make her weak fingers work...today I oiled my hair but that silent thought to know if she's watching hangs on my head...The Void!

And tea time meant she asked me if I wanted a cuppa and I readily said 'Yes'...the sitting together with tea and snacks...that will be a memory. Teas we will have...but that Void!

The evening prayer, the blowing of the conch, the scarf in the head...these will happen but the hand that blessed is somewhere unseen...the Void!

No comments:

Post a Comment