Tuesday 17 January 2017

My Many Regrets

With Ma's leaving us brings the regrets upfront....

So everyone at her deathbed and later and me too felt that she must have had that one wish unfulfilled, to see her daughter married, to have played with her grandchildren.
...But Ma, was it in any of our control? And do you rather not see your daughter satisfied then be in a marriage and suffocate!
...You know Ma, may be someday...may be you will know.

The day before your last day, since you were to be released and not before evening I once thought of going to office and staying home the next day. But I changed my mind the last moment and stayed at home. But my regret is I kept doing my office work in between the household chores. Had I any sense or idea I might have spent the whole day and tried to speak to you, make you say any last words you had in mind!
....Never did it seem that day would be the last, it seemed like a matter of days you would be better and my mind was full of the next step that needed to be taken.
....I spoke to my cousin that day, almost wanting to tell him to come...but also adding that she would be released!
....Did you purposely keep me away?

And those times in the hospital I scolded you to be more patient, to have the food, even crying and saying that you make me helpless. Saying Ma do you like trips to the hospital, every other day? Asking her to try, to make an effort....but did she have enough energy and did I ever understand?






No comments:

Post a Comment