Saturday 4 June 2011

Bangalore

I have memories from Bangalore that I cannot forget. My second home after Shillong and the first time I have been away from home. No doubt the place where you go to school/college is always special because you have endless memories of little things. Memories of your first visit to the college, memories of the first class that you attend, memories of the first friend that you make and so on that just stays on.

Just as I started writing this, I am taken  to the first day at hostel. My parents dropped me there and there was a girl from Jammu for whom that was the first day too. She was not my classmate and I can't remember her name now. I can vaguely remmeber her face too. I will have to ask one of my friends whether they can recall. We nearly joined our beds because my room was big and empty. This room became the envy of many others later when they thought that I had got the best room. Talking of the night I remember I woke so many times and was nearly waiting for the day to break in.

Slowly as other girls joined, we formed a group. We were eight girls and all from different parts of the country. But good for us, we had many similarities inspite of differences and these similarities have kept most of us close to each other then and keeps us going even now.

The image of the college brings back memories and one day I would surely like to visit the place. Hope it is sooner than later.

I am reminded of the Sunday mornings which started for me with arranging the clothes for the laundry when we were in hostel and later washing our clothes when we started living independently. I would make sure that this was the first thing that I did so that everyone got their time and space. A visit to the nearby shop to get the newspaper and read it with my morning tea and breakfast is something which I enjoy doing even today. I have to do both the things together or else it just seems so very incomplete to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment