Friday 10 June 2011

Forever

The smile that caught my eye
The one word that I heard
The moment when our paths crossed

Wish I could capture that moment,
Capture somewhere in the space of my mind
So I could see the smile time and again
Wish I could record that word,
Record in the back of mind
So I could hear it when I liked
Wish I could pause that moment,
Pause for as long as I liked

But that moment's gone
The smile has faded into time
The voice can hardly be heard
The distance is too much to tell

But I wish that moment to be back
The smile to stay for a lifetime
The words to be heard as I hear my breath
The gap to vanish into space...

6 comments:

  1. ahem ahem...I wish to see that smile too. hope u have captured that glimpse in your eyes so you can redraw it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for the picture....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will see when I paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so inspired by the person that you have started painting....great

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, not started...I meant when I paint it! That is when I am able to!

    ReplyDelete