Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Dream Ride

Oh God, I do have the funniest of dreams. Last evening, I spoke of rides with a friend of mine and we talked of what we have done, what we can and what we will never do. We shared pics, analyzed those and talked about what we like, what scares us and what we had left undone. I will write something on that but first let me write about the dream I had last night.

Well, I saw my hometown, the bylanes and the street where I had spent my each growing day. And then I saw that just across the most happening place there in our colony, that is where the annual Pujas are held, where wedding and birthday celebrations take place, there was a ride, and it was like a long boat. Well well! I saw myself sitting there with some people I knew from my childhood, saw the steep slide downwards and knew it would be fun. I also could see some water bodies around. In reality that area does have a steep and I was mighty glad that they introduced something like this.

And when we rode down, it was fun, it was a great experience having something like this right in the middle of the small town and then the speed was just good for everyone's taste. I rode down and then got off when the ride was done with a sense of pride, the pride coming from the fact that I was kind of an expert with rides and this one was easy.

Then we got down a flight of steps, all too familiar as we had grown up there and followed the others just to get back. Oh but then this girl managed to climb through the stones and the rocks and I could see myself stranded there because I could not go up further, there was not enough space for me to climb. I waited as to what to do next when I woke up...and I smiled for I was not stranded and amazed at the power of my thoughts and dreams...

1 comment: