Sunday 26 July 2015

Bajrangi Bhaijan - Film Review

I rarely write film reviews but I couldn't stop myself from writing something today! I watched the movie today, now in its second week and true to the industry predictions and the box office numbers, it has lived up to expectations!

I know Salman Khan delivers hits, one after another and he times his movie release dates well! I think everyone does! But movies like Dabang etc held no charm for me and I am no Salman fan either! But this really is a good movie! There was not a single moment which bored me and there was enough humor in the movie too! In fact I will rate it better than PK. Aamir over-did in PK and of course the concept was borrowed from OMG.

What struck me most was the simplicity of the movie, the songs, and the Salman style ofcourse even in a sad setting.

But there are a few things beside the movie that comes to my mind and that includes Salman's trial and may be this movie has become the savior for Salman not only in terms of his acting, his choice of movies but also a relief from the personal battles he is fighting. As I said I am no Salman fan and though he cannot be forgiven for the crime he committed years back and his hiding the truth and his contradictory statements, I somehow feel any human being would have done that. Being human is after all not just being compassionate but being yourself with some flaws and some kindness! We all are that after all! How many of us would have confessed our guilt had we the power, the money and the people with us?


This movie is very strategic too. Not only he manages to win the sympathy of the common people, he introduces the selfie song to show his patronage for the selfie loving leader. He rescues a child, saves her thus strengthening the notion that here is a human being who is good at heart! Always!

I don't know about law! I don't know what punishment he deserves! I don't know his intentions when he talks about Yakub Memom! I sure know that those who lost their life were unfortunate but it could have been anybody instead of Salman!

But for the moment he has won! Either by fair, natural or very unfair means!

No comments:

Post a Comment