Saturday 8 August 2015

A cosy corner, rain drops on the window, a cuddling cat...these were all real!!!


I stole this picture from a friend's wall and I will tell her I did! Just like my friend, this picture brought me memories back from my home. My Shillong that is!

I love windows. If anyone has had the patience to read my older posts they would know that there are multiple references to windows - window seats in a car, on a flight, raindrops on the window pane and more!


P.S. I have given up window seat on flights for an aisle. I have matured may be!


Just that sitting by the windows makes me feel secure, secure in a corner while watching the world rush outside. It gives a feeling of relaxation, it gives a feel of comfort! There is a certain joy sitting in one cosy corner and watching the world go by!


My room in Shillong was just a little space, enough for a bed and a chair/table for my study. And a window. And on those rainy mornings and winter evenings it would be so much fun curling up in the bed with a book in hand and there were no mobiles back then to distract you.


And we had a cat too and she would sleep on my feet and any attempt to dislodge her would be totally futile. And then there those hot water bags which Dad would fill and keep it in the bed just as we would finish our dinner. He made it sure that the bed was warm enough and our little Pussy knew that so well. 


Now away from Shillong these are the little things that I miss so much and even now the sound of the rain drops on the window pane makes me nostalgic and I love it so much when I go to sleep with the music of the rain drops soothing my nerves. 


Great memories, but life goes on and lucky to have lived in that part of the world and yes a cosy corner, rain drops on the window, a cuddling cat...these were real!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment