Sunday 26 December 2010

Winter

Winter sets in once again as cold wind fills the air
Winter brings in memories of people far and near
Winter takes me to childhood years
Winter was when morning grass remained covered in frost
Winter was when Christmas carols rang in the air
Winter was when the warm sun lulled us to sleep
Winter was when stories filled the air
These and so much more
Special memories I have of my Shillong years


Winter sets in once again when dark fog covers the air
Winter brings in memories of places far and near
Winter takes me to my working years
Winter was when the sea breeze was cold and clear
Winter was when walk past the bridge was fun and some sun
Winter was when the rain was fierce, the wind was loud
These and so much more
Special memories I have of Sydney years

Winter sets in once again when morning sleep is hard to leave
Winter brings in memories of things far and near
Winter takes to my working years
Winter was when the grasses were green
Winter was when the rains were a pain
Winter was when the darkness grew each passing hour
These and so much more
Special memories I have of London months

But as I wait for the sun to shine, I agree I don't mind
To have this on for a couple of more months
And then to have it back in a year
For this is the season of memories, of friends
Of places far and near, of people dear
The sun will shine but it is fine
To relax and relive the old winter years

2 comments: