Wednesday 29 May 2013

I don't like it when I don't have a place to walk

I love walking, I sure do! This is something I have inherited from my birth place, Shillong where we would just walk and walk and knew short-cuts to this place and that. Moreover one of my closest friends would make me walk saying that it is much better than boarding the crowded bus. She may or may not remember that but that has stayed with me like her friendship has!

So, being in Delhi I miss it a lot; there are hardly any places to walk. But I loved it in Sydney, because every day a little bit of walking was involved, from our home to office or from the train station to our homes. It meant much more becuase it would also mean walking across the Pyrmont bridge, get that cold breeze hit you occasionaly or even watch the bridge open and close.

Walking in Sydney would be fun when we visited the ISKCON temple and we did it quite often and I took many people there later. It was quite a walk and getting back to the North Sydney would be a relief if I may say so. Once a friend said he knew an easier way to ISKCON and we followed to find that it was probably longer but I so much loved that walk.

On another occasion, I took a friend along to the Sai baba temple and he literally got tired by the walk to the temple from the train station Strathfield. And he jokingly remarked that he would never go on a walk with me because the walk never seemed to end.

Memories these are and so yesterday when we were returning from some shopping here in Tampa, I noticed the roads with virtually no one walking, I missed Sydney and I wished that I could walk along the Tampa green stretches and walk and walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment