Tuesday 7 May 2013

Then and Now

So, here again I am in Tampa and checking in to the Residence Inn reminds me of Goldsbrough. May be Goldsbrough will always remain with me, it was my first trip outside the country and I was lucky to have people for company during travel and when I finally got in to Goldsbrough, I had dinner ready for me. This is the difference now, I travel alone and come to a place where there are some knowns and some unknowns among people but never really get a chance to meet them and so sleep without a proper dinner except for some bite of Pringles. I do get a call from a friend and that really makes up for the slight uneasiness that I feel, that kind of also makes up for the trouble at Immigration. Oh they have even thrown my packet of rice and cumin seeds and I didn't carry my all time fav Maggi.

But morning is always better and it starts with a nice breakfast, a drive to office with a colleague and yes my team mate making some coffee for me.

I am hoping the days and months to follow will unfold some pleasant surprises and create some stories for keeps, the way Goldsbrough has stuck with me for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment