Friday 21 December 2012

Delhi, I need an answer!!!

Is it the pain of being a girl, being a female or is it the pain of being weak? I do not have an answer as how to counter the pain, how to be brave and how to fight back. Well, Delhi proved it again that it might be the country's capital but it does nothing for its weak citizens. To top it all, the Delhi CM says she does not have the courage to visit the rape victim, says things are not in her jurisdiction; well why is she here? Why does not that lady resign and demonstrate some moral responsibility?
Truth is nothing will happen, the accused might get a few years of improsonment but law and order will not improve. I don't know how the common people will make a difference and I am searching for an answer. I would want to go on a hunger strike till justice is got but will my family allow that? Will I allow that to myself, leaving my family and work and taking to the streets? The answer probably is a 'No' and no it's not because I don't want to see justice done but because I do not have the courage and the time to spend on someone else.
What can I do? Sign petitions, change my profile pic on FB to display protest and not the last, be safe. But what we can also do is stop being dumb onlookers, reach our phone and call the police whenever we are in close proximity of such an incident but may be we won't do that either. May be we will want to reach our homes and stay safe there.

What do we do then? Stay indoors and reduce the city to a ghostly forest? Or we go out and own a gun, a knife and hit at anyone or anybody who has an ill intention? Is it about time we take the law in our own hands? But we won't do that yet, that point will happen soon when the saturation limit is crossed!!!

Why do I need a boy to travel to me if I am venturing out alone? Why can't I go to a late night wedding, stay sane and not come back home safe? Why do I need someone to pick me up from the airport everytime I reach late? May be I can achieve that if I settle in the west, drive and live by myself and love and live without being bothered? Ok, that might solve my problem but what happens to the country's problems? What happens to those girls who are dependent on their fathers, brothers, husbands and sons???
OK, vulnerable places and people are there everywhere but what does it take to punish the guilty? What proof is needed now? Probably some money has to flow from somewhere so that the guilty can be sent back to their sweet home and with a pat on their back to try it one more time.The 'Breaking News' has happened and now it's time to cool down people, time to get back to your work and life and wait for the next 'breaking news'.

And at these I wonder if my blog title 'Life is beautiful' is just a lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment