Saturday 8 December 2012

Tampa

My first visit to the US happens to be to Tampa, a name which I had not heard before unfortunately. But this name will bring back some memories henceforth.

As goes with me, I tend to compare everything from people to places. The first day on landing reminded me of the only time in Sydney when I had landed in the afternoon and my friend's cousin and her daughter were waiting for me at their apartment. The sea-view on the drive from the airport to the hotel again reminded me of Sydney. I think Sydney will always remain part of my memories like nothing else.

The Residence Inn again reminded me of Goldsbrough. This one is more well kept though. I have the room to myself and though I love the privacy at times, I do miss the Sydney bonding at Goldsbrough or Chatswood.  Okay, breakfast is good but having eggs and potatoes everyday might just turn me to a big round ball.

My biggest regret today is that I don't drive and I plan to add that to my list of to-do things when I am back. My fears need to be conquered.

The first Sunday was spent at the Gurudwara and the Swami Narayan temple. And this again reminded me of the Swami Narayan temple visit in London and how we had to walk and also bear the winter wind.

Clearwaters happened to be an amazing place and loved the drive and specially the crysal clear sand. The blue of the sky and the sea will ever be etched in my memory.



Rides in Busch Gardens again reminded me of Sydey, Luna gardens and the friends with whom I rode several times.

MOSI experience was great too. I liked the interactive games quite a bit and it's a nice place to spend your entire day and that too with children. Did the zip thing, watched the Hobbit at IMAX and had some nice chicken :-)

Three weeks passed almost and I am ready to fly back home. And with talks of apocalypse in the air, and me flying back on the 22nd Dec 2012, I am wondering if I will be thrown to a different world or if I get a greater and beautiful view of the space and outer world, I can tell only when I am home.
I enjoyed the stay and I think the team is great but btep was somehow the bestest!

No comments:

Post a Comment