Wednesday 17 April 2013

How Delhi has taught me to be rude

Among many other life's lessons, being rude is what Delhi was taught me to be. I don't know if that is good or bad but it's the general Delhi person's characteristic and I want to give them back to them in what they excel the most.

Whether its on the roads, on the metro or shopping or eating out, you can't escape. Not that I have not met good people, but exceptions are always there!

My most recent experience is that of someone who's busy with the IPL bets and everyday asks for my mobile to check on scores. Because of my inborn sense of decency and decency that I have inherited, I allowed that and that was the mistake I made. He used my mobile as though it was his own and allowing me some calls and even telling me to finish fast with my calls and messages. So, last week when I allowed him to browse the score while I was on the cal and used a headset, he wanted to scroll quickly and he was in such hurry that he forgot that I could also click on a link. It was then I had to give him a piece of my mind and tell him that the phone belonged to me. He returned it to me without any sense of apology and made me feel as if I had erred.  Delhites for you please...handle with care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment