Monday 15 April 2013

IPL - Chennai Vs Bangalore Saturday match

Well, my gut feeling was Chennai for this IPL match but somehow I thought Bangalore had a fair chance considering how Gayle and Kohli are both in good form. But anyways I wasn't going to support team Dhoni and as I sat up awake at night, I just had this hope of Bangalore winning! And it seemed to be happening till Dhoni came to bat and hit a few beyond the fence! But the drama continued till the last ball  when 2 runs were required off it. And what appeared to have been a catch and Kohli momentarily celebrating turned out to be the winning run as it was a no-ball. So Chennai did it at the last momenti n what appeared to be a nail-biting finish!

But alas I somehow have forgotten the concept of nail-biting finishes, I miss those days when matches were real! These days every match seems made up and so did this no-ball. A deliberate no ball it seemed and though I don't know why or how RP Singh became the scapegoat but I believe it happens at a bigger level and who gains or loses is not the point here as I think everyone benefits in some way or the other.
There is another theory that I heard about around the same no ball and it was that the relay was delayed to show a made-up no-ball. Smiles!!!

But to me the entire episode of last ball drama is made up, no they did not want to do a super over this time, so they created a new twist in the tale by making it appear that Bangalore had won and then the mother of all twists, a no -ball! All for TRP, lots of money may be and the drama available to a cricket loving nation which alas cannot accept the fixing bit because they all like to believe in their super-heroes be it Tendulkar or Dhoni!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment