Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Fixing Part II

In my endeavour to prove those who believe there is too much of honesty and see what their eyes see and pretend not to notice the obvious, I bring here my thoughts about the Chennai - Pune IPL match last night.
Well it would have been most people's gut feeling that Chennai as a team was much better than Pune and winning that match would be a cakewalk. But as I saw the wickets crumbling I saw that a lot of effort was spent in losing those wickets, an effort spent at losing the match. And Pune won so that it could be read clearly that Chennai was capable of losing too and the other match they won a couple of days back was a hard fought victory.

All the same we still watch, we still sit through midnight to see the madness, to see the celebration...

No comments:

Post a Comment