Wednesday 20 February 2013

A friendly word

This guy who travels in the same cab as I do is someone almsot out of the college and so when I heard him first, I counted him among another know-alls who has yet to learn from life. The other day he was trying to strike a conversation with me by asking me if I was interested in selling my mobile. Well,he knew how to talk to me for sure, he knew I had alsmost 5 times his work experience but he was definitely using his personal skills to talk to me. I haven't mastered that skill yet. I do have convincing skills but I think I don't have the skill to start a conversation.

Another day, another incident again! The cab driver ignored the policemen and took the wrong cut. Don't know why he did that; I sometimes sympathise with them given their work hours are too tough to manage. Anyways, then this kid again went to the rescue, talked to the policemen and though I don't know what exactly they talked about, I certainly know that the driver was saved of a fine.

And Today! Another street rage and this is common in Delhi, the people don't have any patience or time. He was upfront again, talked to the angry young man and offered him water too and lo, he was smiling. We were saved again.

Then he tells the driver not to get angry when a friendly word could save it all. Tip for my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment