Tuesday 12 February 2013

I nearly lost my mom's mobile

The season: Durga Puja! Location: Shillong! Weather: Rains! No matter how the weather is, and if you are in Shillong, rain is something of a daily routine almost and for none of these can we ever miss Durga Puja.

I was carrying too much stuff - bags to hold umbrellas, my purse, camera and my Ma's mobile! So I got off from the cab we had hired, I needed to have everything with me. Purse was needed as I could not leave behind whatever little cash I was carrying even though the driver was trusted and we would be back in less than 15 minutes. Camera was needed to capture the season and the festivities and mobile is an all time need anyways. And since it was raining, I could not leave behind the umbrellas too!

So, the mobile  was dropped I and didn't know until I was at the Puja pandal and relaized something was missing. I didn't dare tell anyone for I knew I would be rebuked for my carelessness. The few minutes it took us to get back to the cab, time seemed to be running and I was all thinking about finding it in some corner of the car and in the worst case I had also planned to get the same mobile for my Ma.

Just as I was to get inside the cab, I saw the mobile lying on the street, uncared and since it had a cover on, no damage was done. I picked it up immediately and thanked my stars! Stars, or the Mother Godess or the Rain, but someone or all three of them had just saved my day.

The driver noticed and asked me in serious tones if I had dropped it and though I tried to ssshhh him, my folks got the story. No harm done, the mobile was there and yes it was proved to me that I do carry a blessing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment