Saturday 9 February 2013

Daughters

Off late I am seeing this quote doing the rounds on internet, sms, facebook etc etc - "A son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter the rest of her life..." I beg to play the devil's advocate here!

Well, the son who gets a wife is also someone else's daughter. Now if she is such a nice daughter to her parents, why does she become the cause for her husband's family to think that their son is no longer theirs. She should then have the understanding and feeling that her husband's parents are not much different from her own parents and that she should not be the raeson for his moving away from their lives...

It's easy for me to form an opinion now and now that I have not been in the daughter-in-law's shoes yet, I don't really know how it is when you are there in that family.

But my firm opinion is that the parents themselves seem to move away from their son and hence the repulsion. So also, the daughter-in-law has been fed with stories of horrible in-laws that she comes with a pre-defined mindset and not ready to mingle.

Your take people?

No comments:

Post a Comment